You may have thought that playing into a “cup” or “mug” for effect was more of a “demonstrative” technique – a one-off kind of thing. Very cool for sure but probably not much use beyond that…
I See It Differently.
I’ve always thought the “cup mute” effect should be used in the same way a trumpet player might use a trumpet mute – not on every song but in the right place, it would be a great effect to have at my disposal.
Over the years I tried the old-school “playing into a cup” technique on a few select recording sessions and live situations, but I always found it awkward – especially when trying to aim the sound into a mic. MORE IMPORTANTLY, I found it quite limiting when trying to just play “freely”, the way I normally do, (without the restrictions of holding a large cup). My hat’s off to the players that are masters of “the Cup” – Joe Filisko, Kim Wilson, Jason Ricci, Carlos Del Junco, to name a few, but I could never never get fully comfortable with it.
“This was something I originally created just for my own use…”
I had fooled around with home-made alternative ideas to get that effect, then finally decided to design a proper, professional solution for myself.
I wanted something that:
• Had great tone
• Was convenient to use
• Allowed me to play freely
• Aimed the sound directly forward, into my mic.
• Looked Pro
The Harp Wah was the result.
A Better Solution.
After enjoying the benefits of this device myself, I’ve decided to offer it to all diatonic players who are looking to add something new to their harp sound kit. I hope you find it as useful as I do.
- Fully forward-facing design aims the sound directly out from you and into your mic
- The Harp Wah™ becomes an extension of your regular hand cupping position – making it feel natural, with minimal effect on your playing style.
- Shape focuses the sound into narrow, controllable field.
- Anodized polished aluminum – safe, rock-hard and extremely durable finish – inside and out.
- Light weight and durable, for a lifetime of road-worthy abuse.
- Universal shape and gender-neutral size accommodates a wide range of harp players.
- For left or right-handed players.
- Protective drawstring bag
All Available Products
- Harp Lessons x 3 $159.99
Harp Wah + Wah Claw Handle "Combo"
Gift Card: Harp Wah + Wah Claw
- Harp Wah™ $59.99
- Harp Wah™ – MIDNIGHT EDITION $59.99
- Harp Wah Lessons – Skype $40.00
- "Inside Out" CD (Hard Copy) $17.00
- Protective Soft Storage Pouch (3 bags) $15.00
- Wah Claw – EZ Grip Handle (attachment) $12.95
- "Inside Out" 2014 (Download) $9.95
- "Tangled Roots" 2010 – (Download) $9.95
- Grip Tape (Additional) $3.95