Small Packet AirSmall Packet Air for shipping is less expensive but has no tracking and no guarantees on how long delivery will take. I've seen this method take as little as 5 days and as much as 6 weeks (rarely).
Tracked PacketTracked Packet is more expensive but does send tracking info to your provided email address. Depending on the country, it can take between 5 to 10 business days. These products ship from Canada and on both of these shipping options, Customs can hold things up on occasion unfortunately.
- The Harp Wah was specifically made for acoustic diatonic harmonica playing BUT, have a look at this demo of a Chromatic being used.
- The design and "input slot" width will accommodate any standard diatonic model, (including 12, 13, 14 hole models) with a total cover height (thickness) of less than 23mm – all major brands tested fall well within this slot width and include standard models from: Hohner, Seydel, Suzuki, Lee Oscar.
- Thicker harps: Even the overly thick models such as Seydel’s “Low Low” tunings with their wider cover plates work using a slightly modified grip.
- Higher notes on a 12, 13 or 14 hole model will extend beyond the Harp Wah's slot length – but the most important holes 1-6 work great.
- The higher notes (above holes 1-6) on any harp are not as "affected" as the lower notes by the nature of the higher frequency, less resonating reeds.
- The Harp Wah can be used by left or right-handed players but is not generally recommended for players who play with the low notes towards your fingertips (as opposed to the typical way – low notes towards the palm). In that case, success would be dependent on your grip and adaption.
- The Harp Wah™ was designed to work with what I call the “classic grip” hand positioning – with the harp held between the index finger and thumb. It may also work for players with a alternative grips, but please keep that in mind.
- Customized harps and harps with customized covers will also work.
- As with using any new device, some adaptation and practice is suggested to maximize the all available tones and effects of the Harp Wah.
You Can Check Before You Buy.To see your actual shipping costs, add the product to your cart, then "View Cart" and add in your shipping info. You will see exact costs before having to commit.
Yes. We can ship to pretty much any country.To see actual shipping costs, add the product to your cart, then "View Cart" and add in your shipping info. You will see exact costs before having to commit. Duties and Taxes may apply in some countries. Please see the "Duties and Taxes" tab for more information.
Duties and Taxes:The Harp Wah ships from Barrie, Ontario, Canada.
Canadian Customers:If you are purchasing the product from within Canada (delivered to a Canadian address), your provincial Tax rate will be added to your order and will be stated on your receipt.
International Customers:Any import duties, international taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the product price or shipping costs and it will be collected upon delivery from the carriers for certain packages. These charges are recipient’s responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for the package. You may check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be.
“Best harmonica innovation in a long time.
It takes harp “muting” possibilities to a new level. Thanks, Roly!”
“It’s just perfect. Fantastic sound and very expressive!”
It’s the best wah sound effect I’ve ever tried – beautifully designed and easy to hold in your hand.
Mathieu Pequeriau (The Celtic Social Club)Harmonica Player: The Celtic Social Club (France)
Sounds Like a Trumpet Mute…
“Very much sounds like a trumpet mute… produces very crisp wah-wahs when you want.”
What a Wonderful Adaptation!
I always wanted to find a way to get the “wah” sound with a mug but got discouraged. This really makes it easy. Thank you!
Do you need to practice harp at a lower volume?
I live in an apartment and use the Harp Wah to play quietly in the evening. It works!
Ken BrightmanHarp Wah User
“The Harp Wah is a cool, expressive tool for acoustic harp players, with a learning curve near zero.”
Richard HunterUS Session Player & Best-Selling Harmonica Method Author
“I was skeptical … but this is a different beast with its own rich tone.
Definitely a valuable addition to the harp player’s toolkit.
Nice one Roly!”
As a Female Harp Player…
with small hands I found the Harp Wah very similar to the grip for holding a microphone and I did not need to use the grip tape provided.
Love it love it….love it. Cant say enough about it.
Judy KotylakCanadian Harp Player
“On stage I use the Harp Wah.
It’s just a great muted effect for harmonica! A great invention and a beautiful device!”
Marko BallandFrance's great
“This is THE sound I’ve been looking for in a cup style wah.”
I just received my Harp Wah, and I already love it!
It’s waaaay more comfortable to use than a coffee or tea cup, plus it’s much easier to direct the sound into a mic. I look forward to recording with it.
Todd ParrottUS Top Gospel/Country/Blues