Here’s a sample of how I approach Funk (Harp Solo at :50 sec.)
Funk via Cissy Strut:
• Study of the New Orleans Funk classic – “Cissy Strut” (The Meters)
• Learn the Head (Cissy Strut is in “C”. You’ll need an F harp.)
• How I approach the “single-chord” solo section of Cissy Strut.
Funked Up (in general)
• “Pushes” and funk-friendly rhythmic phrasing
• Percussive techniques on single notes, “splits” and octaves
• Plus many related tips & insights throughout
• Intermediate / advanced level
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THIS WORKSHOP?
*** You will receive an order confirmation email immediately after placing the order. That email will contain the download links ***
Please check your “JUNK MAIL“
If you don’t see that email, contact me at email@example.com
Small Size Group: Yes
Only 20 spots (total) were offered in the live workshop. This small size insures each participant gets the most out of each seminar and are able to easily ask questions throughout.
My Workshop Goals:
My approach to teaching is focused on developing a player’s ears – playing, listening and “getting deep inside” what makes something sound great. Then showing you how to get there yourself, using effective techniques.
“I learned to play by ear, and even today, have only a basic understanding of music theory. What I do have, is 45 years experience as a working harp player – on stage and in the studio – always having to adapt to a wide variety of musical situations. That’s been the best training ground any player could ask for.”
So besides passing on a few new licks, my goal is to open your eyes and ears to some new ways of approaching playing – ways that will ultimately help you become not just a better harp player, but a better musician as well.
Feel free to email me. I’m here to help.